Friday, September 20, 2013

Shadows Have Claws (Trigger Warning: Cutting)

It's easy to fall back into old habits. My right upper leg is a testimony to that. It has been for years. My plan has been to get a tattoo there so it wouldn't be so easy for me to just grab the scissors and slice. But I haven't been able to do that yet, and so the new marks form.

Last I checked this morning they were still seeping blood. Not a lot, but enough to need bandages still. I had it all wrapped up last night, then decided I wanted to try something different because those cloth bandages suck and got these huge bandaids. I'll clean them out again tonight and see what needs to be done.

This is a hard shadow to face, because shadows with claws fight back. They lure you into their trap, make you believe they want to help, and then they strike.

It almost hit the jugular last night, but my husband stepped in before it could get there. I could easily have been found today in one of the parks in a blanket, dead.

So cheers to Asher.

1 comment: